Sunday, July 13, 2008

Niños Bailando Capoeira

I went to the Zocolo (city center) last night looking for a group of dancers dancing Danzsón, but I didn't find them. That was disappointing, but look at what I did find!

This is Capoeira. It is a combination martial art, dance and music originating in Brazil. There was three student groups yesterday, one circle of men, one of women and one of kids! The kids were great! Check it out.



There's another short video on my website. Those girls are awesome. ¡Que padre! (en español = very cool!)

It was too difficult to get very close to the adults, but here's a short example of what they were doing.



Pretty cool, huh? I know there's Capoeira classes for adults around town, including at the Old Town School, but I'm not sure about classes for niños y jovenes (kids and young people). If you're a student and you're reading this and are interested, maybe your parents can help you find a place to learn Capoeira. Then you can teach me!

1 comment:

MC 1293 said...

You always find music where ever you go.

Love, MOM