Monday, July 21, 2008

An Evening of Music at El Manojo with La Zafra

Here is a little write up I did today about a great night my friends and I had on Sabado, 19 de Julio. I wrote it in English first and then translated it to Spanish. I did pretty good! My maestra mejor, Margarita, helped me correct a few things here and there.

What a night this was. Well, I'll let you read this. I posted it first in Spanish and then in English.

Pictures courtesy of Ryan Leibling.

En español


Tuvimos a buen tiempo antenoche. Yo y mis amigos Sheleice, Heidi y Stehpan, conocimos a Ryan en un bar que se llama El Manojo. Fuimos escucar un grupo de Veracruz que se llama La Zafra.

No había mas personas en el bar y la bailarina de el grupo, Miroslava, vío que tenía interés especial en la musica. Ella me llamo a bailar pero estuve muy nervioso. Finalmente bailé con ella y todo la gente lanzó vítores. Ella es bailarina bonita.

En el descanso conoci a los musicos. Luego esta noche, tocaban cuando el principal de el grupo, Lusi Manuel, me tocó una jarana y tocé un cancion con el grupo. ¡Esta es la razón de que vine a México!

In English

We had a great time two nights ago. Me and my friends, Sheleice, Heidi, and Stephan met Ryan at a bar called El Manojo. We went to hear a band from Veracruz called La Zafra.

There weren’t many people in the bar and the dancer of the group, Miroslava, noticed right away that I was especially interested in the music. She was calling to me to dance with her but I was too nervous. Eventually I did dance and the audience cheered. She is a beautiful dancer.

At the break I met all the musicians. Later that night, while the band was playing, the leader of the group, Luis Manual, handed me a Jarana and I played a song with them. That is why I came to México!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow jason that sounds like an incredible evening!!
I am so happy for you my dear friend. You are having quite a life-expanding experience. Its all your favorite things: making friends, music, and learning something new. I love you, Miki
PS.Kate also sends her love and she smiles that Kate smile when I read your blog to her.