Friday, July 11, 2008

¡Hola Chicos!

That's what Paquita says every morning. She is mi maestra for Español Funcional: Vocabulary for Basic Communication. Let me tell you, there is nothing basic about it. It's tough but Paquita is a great teacher.

Español Funcional is 3 horas en la mañana. We start at 8:00 and sometimes it's a little tough to follow, but once Paquita starts rolling, I'm get up to speed pretty quickly.

¡Vamanos Chicos! Click here for more pictures and higher quality pictures from this class!

This is my afternoon class Español Gramática. It's a little different than the morning class. Español Funcional is a different topic every day, where the Español Gramática is more of a building blocks kind of thing.

¡Vamanos Chicos! Click here for more pictures and higher quality pictures from this class!


Speaking of Español Gramática, I had a pretty tough week in there. We spent the week working on preterit verbs (that's past tense.) We took our weekly exam today and yo no puedé bien. We had a different teacher at the beginning of the week and I just wasn't getting it. Alejandre, la profesora mayor, came in on Miercoles (Wednesday) and righted the ship. I think I'll do OK next week, but today, ¡dios mio! I was happy to put school to rest for the weekend.

On of the interesting things about being part of this school is the different waves of people coming in and out. Last week was my first week so I met a ton of new people. Then some of them left and a bunch of new people came in. Now a bunch more people are leaving, some of my closest amigos actually, and that's sad. For example, Corrie (on the left, taken, I think, at the moment he finished his Masters Degree) left today. But, I know that it will be fun to met a whole bunch of estudiantes nuevos on Lunes (Monday).

Hasta luego Corri y Tori (who left yesterday. I'm sorry I didn't get a picture of her with the class.) Drop me a line when you get a chance.

No comments: