Saturday, October 4, 2008

Then I Was Back Home

Oh man. Before I knew it I was home in Chicago.

Actually, I wasn't home because I don't have my own place, but I came home to Miki and Kate's which is just about as good as it can get. The Greenbergs had dinner ready for me when I got there and it was great to see Sidione and Gisselle. I slept on the Greenberg couch for 2 weeks.

Culturally, I jumped right back into the scene, too. Most significantly, Jazz Fest took place on my first weekend back. I got to hear concerts by Sonny Rollins, Dave Douglas and Ornette Coleman, all free, in one weekend. Those are three of my very favorite jazz acts.

Plus two Cubs games in the first week of being back in town. Pretty good.

So there you have it. Now I'm living with Brad and Julie and saving up some money to get my own place. I hope I'll be able to have an apartment in November.

I'm back teaching at the Old Town School and Rogers Park Montessori. Everything is going great. I learned so much during my travels, about people and about life, and I've been able to bring a whole new energy to my classes.

It's hard to imagine that this is only my 3rd year teaching full-time. Can you imagine that I ever did anything different? I can't.

Well, thanks for reading! Drop me a line when you get a chance.

Buena suerte,
Jason

No comments: