Saturday, October 4, 2008

Fin de Mi Viaje

Yeah, so this is it. The last couple days.

For my second trip into México D.F. I stayed with Stephan and his friend Florian. Stephan is in México D.F. studying business administration until Christmas.
The night I arrived we went to see the National Fútbol Team in Estadio Azteca, which is the fifth largest stadium in the world.

We had a great time at the game. México beat Honduras 2-1. Without all the commercial breaks and everything that you get in the states, it seemed like the game was over before we knew it. It was awesome to hear 112,000 people sing Cielito Lindo for the last five minutes or so of the game.
The next day Florian and I went to the National Museum of Anthropology, which tells the pre-Columbian history of México. The museum was huge and very impressive. We were there for about 3 hours and only saw about half of it.

That evening we found some dinner and headed off to the Torre Latinoamericana; one of the tallest buildings in the city. We spent some time up on the observatory. That is México D.F. in the background. See the bright lights on the right side, near my elbow? That's el zocalo de México D.F. - the center of the whole place. Wow.
It's strange. This is basically my last moment in México. I don't really know what to say about it. I didn't then either.

The very next morning I got up and headed out to the airport. It was time to get back home.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good times my friend, good times...