Saturday, October 4, 2008

Mi Famalia en México

Here's a picture of the family I lived with in Cuernavaca. I wish the picture wasn't so blurry!
That's Jorge on the left. He's the father and that's who I rented the room from. Jorge Jr. is next to him. He lives in the house, too. That's Margarita next. Margarita is Jorge's daughter (Jorge Jr.'s sister). Next is Nesi, Margarita's husband. And then last Margarita and Nesi's son, little Roberto! He is a very cool kid. We did A LOT of laughing together.

Margarita and Nesi have their own place closer to el centro, but Margarita and Roberto stayed at the house for about a month while Nesi was out of town on business. He's an archeoligist and was out on a dig. Isn't that awesome?

As a side note, I took this photo just hours before my big "sickness". I was so sick that I truly thought that if it was going to keep going, I'd rather be dead. Luckily I survived. The first meal I had when I was feeling better was KFC. That was the only time during the trip that I specifically set out to find "home cooking".

2 comments:

MC 1293 said...

I thought you said the first thing you ate after was Cheerios

MOM

Jason McInnes said...

I think I did eat some Cheerios, but I guess I was thinking of the first "meal".