Saturday, October 4, 2008

Barbacoa with Don Beto

This was my favorite place to eat in Cuernavaca. It's called Barbacoa de Don Beto. Barbacoa is slow-cocked sheep. One of the cool things about eating in México is that a place like this only has one thing on the menu: barbacoa tacos. That's it. And they were great!

Don Beto was out there Monday through Saturday. I'm not sure what time he opened, but he was always closed by 2:00 in the afternoon. Many times I wasn't paying attention to the time and missed my chance for the day.
This is me and Don Beto right after my last meal in Cuernavaca. Just before this I played a few tunes on the banjo for everyone and they gave me my lunch gratis. It was really fun. Everyone was clapping and having a grand time. I'm sure a couple jokes were made at my expense, but Don Beto wasn't going to have any of it.

From here I got on the bus to México D.F. Adios Cuernavaca. Estuve muy triste.

1 comment:

MUÑECO said...

You ate dog!!!!! jajajaja

http://www.apestan.com/cases/tacos-de-don-beto-cuernavaca-morelos-mexico_21950.html