Saturday, August 2, 2008

Mas Amigos y Música at El Manojo

Last Friday I met some friends out at the same bar, El Manojo. We had another great time, although it wasn't the grand fiesta of the week before. I can't remember the name of the band but the leader of the group was Alejandro Flores of Cafe Tacuba.

The show was good, but my favorite part was that I had so many friends there. It was great to hang out with Stephan, Ryan and even Marile, one of the conversation teachers at Uninter. There was a couple other people I knew and then, quite to my surprise Mercedes and Karla, the two young ladies I met at Jazzmientos showed up!

We hung out quite late into the night, having beers and talking. Karla is a huge music fan so we traded "Recommended Artist" after recommended artist. Turns out she loves heavy metal and prog rock, especially Joe Satriani. What a world! Mercedes is an English teacher for niños. They live just an hour away from Cuernavaca in a pueblo called Tlaquiltenango.

Karla owns a hair salon in Tlaquiltenango, and I needed a hair cut. We we made rough plans for me to visit Tlaquiltenango later in the week and they'd show me around town. I'd give Karla a guitar lesson and she'd give me a hair cut.

Que padre.

1 comment:

OMG OMG: said...

meeting with friends is always a happy thing, especially those who come from far away